Please contact IIPD to discuss the Course Delivery Method.
COURSE START DATE
Kindly talk with our friendly staff.
Every Individual can apply for this course:
- Over 18 years old at the time of enrolment
- A completed application form
- Identification Documents
- A Photo ID
Previously known as Apply first aid or Senior first aid. This unit of competency describes the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid response, life support, management of casualty(s), the incident and other first aiders, until the arrival of medical or other assistance.The First Aid Certificate, HLTAID003, is nationally accredited and providing participants with the qualification to be a First Aid representative in many workplaces and other required situations.
(*) Each participant will need to complete the theory component of the course as homework prior to attending the practical class day.
At the successful completion of this course you will be able to:
• Assess an emergency situation
• Maintain the airway, breathing and circulation of an unconscious casualty
• Administer First Aid for Minor Wounds & Apply Infection Control Procedures
• Manage a casualty with external bleeding
• Manage a casualty suffering from shock
• Administer First Aid for Burns & Electric Shock
• Administer First Aid for Eye & Soft Tissue Injuries
• Manage a casualty suffering Near Drowning/Drowning
• Administer First Aid for Venomous Bites & Stings and Allergic Reactions
• Administer First Aid for Spinal Injuries & Fractures
• Determine Principles for Assessment and Movement of the Sick & Injured & First Aid Recording Requirements
• Explain the legal and social responsibilities of a first aider
• Determine first aid facilities and training requirements
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
Provide First AID
DELIVERY METHODS & ASSESSMENT METHODS
(**) For Classroom based training, kindly contact IIPD`s friendly staff member for the Start Dates. Assessment is based on competency (the ability to demonstrate specific skills) and is undertaken through a combination which may consist of classroom observation, discussion, case studies, role plays & written assignments and the work placement.